Besides acquiring the software itself, an often overlooked but important step to ensure a successful Knowledge Management and Organization plan is assessing the information assets and knowledge management processes already in place.
Complement Your Knowledge Organization Strategy
With over 25 years experience providing software and services supporting Knowledge Management and Organization, Synaptica are uniquely positioned to evaluate and recommend how to improve your current systems and practices and suggest where to put new processes into place.
”... It's important to support our customers throughout all stages of implementing a new Knowledge Organization program. Professional Services are a critical part of making sure they achieve their goals.Jim Sweeney, Director of Product Management
Synaptica employ a comprehensive strategy to ensure our solutions address your immediate and future needs.
Key elements include:
Asking questions and listening carefully to understand each client’s strategic objectives.
Enhancing User Experience
Working to improve internal and external users’ experiences based on real-world use cases.
Providing solutions based on W3C, ISO, and ANSI/NISO industry standards and best practices.
Partnering with clients to establish long-term relationships to help meet evolving needs.
What We Do (The Process)
- Identify all existing vocabularies (taxonomies, thesauri, classification schemes, named-entity authority files, and other vocabularies) currently in place within the organization.
- Determine what integrated systems are using those vocabularies, and how.
- Review previously indexed content to ensure it’s producing accurate and consistent results.
- Make sure any existing and new vocabularies provide accurate tagging results for ongoing indexing.
- Review search query logs and other available information to make sure results are aligning with user behaviour.
- Identify third-party vocabularies that will improve results and reduce bespoke development.
What You Can Expect
- Deliver a comprehensive report with an analysis of the current state of all relevant vocabularies, systems, and processes.
- Provide recommendations for how to improve and enhance what is in already in place.
- Create a complete list proposed next steps and the level of effort for each.
- Identify the right tools and coordinate resources to move the project forward.